Social media is used by millions worldwide and more and more people are signing up to it daily. It’s carried around with us everywhere we go, loaded onto the smartphones in our pockets. For this reason (among many others) social media has become one of the most effective marketing tools. But do you really need a social media marketer to handle it for you?
If you think your business is ticking along just fine without social media marketing, you may want to rethink your approach. Whilst you sit back and let the world go by without staying up-to-date with marketing trends, your competition is being recognised by a growing audience. That audience may consist of customers once loyal to you.
You want your business to grow, right?
Of course! Which is why being active on social media is an integral part of promoting your business.
Herein begs the question…
Can’t I just do it myself? How hard can it be?
It’s not hard to set up social media accounts. In fact, it’s very easy. You can do this yourself.
But social media has become a world of its own.
There is more to it than just posting a photo or Tweeting a message here and there.
Trends change at warp speed, audiences can be complex, and social media marketing requires a high level of monitoring and engagement.
The social media marketer is a relatively new job title, so it’s no wonder businesses who have been around for decades are a little dubious about taking them on. But in a world dominated by social media, it is reaching a point where businesses wonder what on earth they ever did without their social media marketer.
Let’s take a look at why a skilled social media marketer is the best person to handle your social media.
First things first, you have a business to run
Managing your own social media marketing is an ongoing commitment.
Your social media interaction requires even more engagement than with customers walking through your door.
The people on the other side of your social media are all potential customers who need to be convinced your brand is the brand to go with.
There are several social media channels out there – Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, Snapchat – and they all have different audiences and features.
It takes time. All those hours spent on something you know very little about and probably don’t have the time to learn about should be put into your own business. And with a great social media marketing strategy, you’ll be even busier managing the increase in customer numbers.
Are you still game?
You don’t want to get too far down the road only to give up because it’s taking up too much of your time.
Once you start you must keep going. Otherwise you’ll slip off the radar altogether.
We know the possibilities of a strong social media presence
In this day and age, not having a social media presence is like being stuck in the dark ages. If you’ve been questioning whether or not to be part of the social media world, here are five key reasons why the answer is yes – you absolutely should.
- Increase brand awareness – this is one of the most popular reasons to use social media marketing. It’s a no-brainer; the more exposure you have, the better. Before you go signing up to platforms willy-nilly, consider your audience and the kind of social media activity they’d best respond to. Or better yet, have us do that for you.
- Boost website traffic – a great website is your customer’s one-stop-shop to find out all there is to know about you. It’s an investment so don’t let it go to waste! Every time you post something on social media you have an opportunity to bring people to your website. The more visits your website gets, the more attention you will attract and this means more potential customers will be aware of your products or services.
- Increase in lead generation – leads are potential customers who have provided you with details that you can use to follow them up. Gone are the days of disruptive telemarketing phone calls. Most people say they’re not willing to engage in a cold call, however they are willing to engage via social media. These leads aren’t plucked out of thin air. They’re considered ‘high quality leads’ as they belong to a targeted audience who have already shown interest in your product.
- Your competitors are already on social media – if your competitors get to your potential customers first, you will have a job on your hands trying to lure them away. Social media’s competitive nature could see you falling behind quickly if your competitors are more engaged than you. The more engaged they are, the more relationships they are building. Relationships you could be building instead!
- You won’t believe the ROI! – every company will have a different set of goals, be it brand awareness, customer service, generating leads, etc. and your calculations will be based on these goals. Social media’s ROI is very strong. Best of all, it’s measurable, which means you’ll be aware of how well it is working for you, unlike the more traditional marketing media.
You set the goals, we set the strategy
Strategy comes before anything else. Everyone’s strategy will look different, even if you’re offering a similar product or service.
We work with you to set goals before coming up with a social media strategy that will achieve them.
You have the power to check in at any time and be involved in the process, or you just could sit back and let us manage it for you.
A social media marketing strategy looks into the demographics of each social media platform to find the ones that could be suit your potential audience. There are so many platforms nowadays and not all may be suitable for you.
An experienced social media manager will know what will work and what won’t.
If you don’t know a lot about social media, doing this yourself could be a total stab in the dark and a waste of your valuable time.
The best part about a good social media marketing strategy is that it’s measurable.
Social media metrics are very in-depth and can tell you exactly how well your strategy is performing. Whilst social media metrics are hugely important to regularly analyse, they can also be the reason many strategies veer off course. Social media marketers look at much more than just your follower or reach numbers.
A good social media marketer will look at what is of the most value to achieving your goals. We look at who has clicked on the important things like your content, your logos, your company name. We look at how much interaction your audience has had with your posts.
There is so much that goes on behind the scenes and we are here to do the hard yards and deliver you with great results.
We don’t have a choice on whether we do social media. The question is how well we do it – Erik Qualman
Your social media manager will stay engaged so you don’t have to
Many of your customers, both potential and existing, will already be social media users. Sharing this world with them promotes conversation and conversation promotes relationships.
We’ve always known the value of building relationships. But building them via social media means building several at one time. Whether it’s responding to messages, engaging in a post thread, managing complaints, or commenting on third-party posts, good social media managers have it down pat.
The more you put in, the more you will get out.
Social media managers are like a member of staff.
We make it our business to get to know your business, so whenever the opportunity arises to engage with customers, we have the knowledge to deliver relevant, timely responses.
Above all, we stay ahead of the game
Social media is constantly evolving. New features and trends (sometimes several at once) pop up all over the place. To keep on top of everything requires a lot of reading and researching.
The same way we stay ahead of the game in the social media field, you should be aiming to do the same in your industry. And to do this, you need to be active on social media.
You have the opportunity to build a network with thousands of people. There truly is no limit to how many people you can reach on social media.
We have over 10 years’ experience in social media and have witnessed all the changes along the way. Having developed outstanding social media strategies with so many different companies and organisations, our team has the skills to get you where you want to go.
If you want to find out more about what we offer, take a look here.
We stay up-to-date and you can too!
Sign up to our email service (spam free) for future posts from the team at High Profile Enterprises.
If you would like to know more about how a social media strategy can benefit you specifically (because it will!), call us today to have a chat.
With a degree in Marketing and a love for writing, Emily puts her skills to good use at High Profile Enterprises. Creating content for our clients is what Emily loves to do most in her role. Having grown up in sunny Papamoa when it was just a little undiscovered beach town, Emily is always happiest near the coast.