We are on the lookout for a talented content writer to join our team.
We would like to be able to offer this opportunity to a resident of the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
This position is a part-time contractor role that will start with a few hours of training per week until the successful candidate is ready to work with our valued clients.
Our roster of clients is expansive and includes consumer goods, regenerative agriculture, renewable energy, business consulting, air quality equipment, recruitment, technology, charitable trusts, Maori land trusts, construction products, food safety, clothing label solutions, hospitality, tourism, health and more.
As part of our creative writing team, you will gain broad experience in writing for a diverse range of industries.
The successful candidate will have excellent English skills and content writing abilities. This is essential. You will need to supply examples of your work.
The right person will be trained in best practice web content for websites, blogs and social media.
We will teach you how to optimise content for Google, apply correct structure to get maximum benefits from your content, use effective social media promotional strategies and SEO.
We were the first New Zealand agency to be recommended by Content Marketing Institute in New York so our work is internationally recognised.
We have a small highly skilled team who work remotely from their homes around New Zealand and one of our creative writers works in Ireland. We also collaborate with an international team on specific technical projects.
This is a fast-moving and exciting field to work in and most of it can be done remotely. Hours are generally flexible once you are doing client work, and we find our roles are particularly suited to stay-at-home mums and dads. But it could also work for someone who is currently working part-time or is looking for a part-time position.
You will need your own laptop/desktop computer and a reliable, fast broadband connection.
We would also like to see a combination of the following skills and attributes. Not all are essential but the more you can bring to the role the better your prospects.
- Blogging experience
- Social media experience – including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
- Facebook Business Manager
- Social Media scheduling tools
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Google Sheets and Docs
- Experience with WordPress and Squarespace CMS
- MailChimp experience
- Photoshop or Canva skills
- Experience with web images
- Professional communication skills
- Fluency in Te Reo Maori
- Eager to learn
- Friendly and professional
- Dedicated and reliable
- Able to work to deadlines
Due to Covid lockdowns, our initial interviews and training will be done via Zoom. Once we are back to normal we will need you to attend training in our office at Ohope so having your own transport would be useful.
- Subject line – HPE Role: Your Name
- Introduce yourself in the email and send us your experience/CV
- Add links to any published content or attach documents that you have worked on
- If you have a personal blog you can send us the link
- If you use LinkedIn send us your profile link
We look forward to hearing from you.